This week’s resources
This page has been specifically created to provide resources to support your prayer and worship life during the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Durham and Deerness Circuit service – 5th July
This week’s service will take place at 3pm on this Sunday via Zoom. Please contact Suzie for login details if you’d like to join us.
Resources for week commencing 5th July
– Service for 5th July
– Lectio Divina prayers
Focus on Ruth
Our worship resources for our services in June and into July focus on the Old Testament book of Ruth which was chosen as the focus for Bible Month 2020. Each week we take one chapter of the book and highlight a particular character from the unfolding story. Ruth is said to be a book about ‘bread and belonging’, but there is much more to discover as we hope you will agree as we explore together.
BIBLE MONTH – PERSONAL JOURNAL
RESOURCES TO USE AT HOME
RUTH – THE BIBLE FOR CHILDREN
Weekly online Bible study
St Andrews Methodist Church in Brandon invite us to join them in four bible study sessions, taking place on the Zoom platform, as part of Bible Month cententrating on the Book of Ruth. We shall study one chapter each week, centring on the stories of the following characters: 1 – Orpah, 2 – Boaz, 3 – Ruth, 4 – Naomi.
The sessions take place on Monday evenings at 7.30pm (15th, 22nd and 29th June, and 6th July). Contact Suzie if you would like the login details to join.
BIBLE MONTH BOOKLET ON RUTH
On-Line Creative Workshops – Exploring the Book of Ruth in Creative Ways
Barnard Castle and Teesdale Methodist Circuit invite you to join in one or more of their online Creative Arts Workshops. The workshops are open to all wherever you are located.
– Wed 1st July 10.00-12.00; 2.00-4.00pm; 7.00-9.00pm (Ruth chapter 1)
– Mon 13th July 10.00-12.00; 2.00-4.00pm; 7.00-9.00pm (Ruth chapter 2)
– Tues 21st July 10.00-12.00; 2.00-4.00pm; 7.00-9.00pm (Ruth chapter 3)
– Wed 29th July 10.00-12.00; 2.00-4.00pm (Ruth chapter 4)
– Final Celebration: Wed 29th July 7.00-9.00 pm
A prayer from
Keep us, good Lord, under the shadow of your mercy in this time of uncertainty and distress.
Sustain and support the anxious and fearful, and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may rejoice in your comfort knowing that nothing can separate us from your love in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Daily reflections and prayer
A Word in Time – daily reflection on a biblical reading linked to the Methodist Prayer Handbook
Pray as you Go – a daily set of meditations on scripture and music produced by the Jesuits
are streaming live and past services and daily prayers on Facebook (you don’t need to have a Facebook account to view).
Live streamed services and prayers
09:00 Monday-Friday from Wesley House Cambridge. Resources for following the prayers and readings are available online.
10:00 Monday-Friday from Wesley’s Chapel London
Wesley’s Chapel London – Wednesdays 12:45; Thursdays 12:45; Sundays 9:45 and 11:00.
Swan Bank Methodist Church in Burslem on Sundays 10:30.
- Each week the Methodist Church will be producing a Worship at Home Sheet.
- ROOTS offers free worship and learning resources every week during the pandemic to use at home every week, including resources for children
- Family Friendly Churches are offering, free of charge, weekly prayers, address and a couple of hymns as videos (with words and music) for use within the home.
- If you have access to Facebook, check out Methodists Online, an online community based on Facebook. During the week there have various things to get involved with but the most popular event is the virtual coffee morning on Thursdays, which gives members the opportunity to share a bit about their context and location via a comment or photo of their beverage wherever they are at. It is an opportunity to share and ‘gather’ in fellowship.
Cliff Festival at Home May 2020
There was an extensive programme of worship, prayer, seminars and fun on the Cliff Festival at Home programme. If you have never been to this Festival, it is a great opportunity to sample some of the things that happen over May bank holiday weekend each year – look out for material for your home group, inspiration to think about something in a different way, new ideas for personal action, theological reflection, joyful worship… You can watch all the content again at Cliff College website.