What’s on now!
Explore this page to see the services and other activities we have taking place.
You no longer need to book a place to join us for worship.
This document outlines arrangements in place at Carrville including advice for those who wish to continue wearing face masks and sitting socially distanced. If you have had Covid, we encourage you to be free from symptoms and have taken a negative lateral flow test before returning to church.
Services and Events
Here are details of services taking place with Durham City East Methodists at our churches in Carrville, Pittington and Bowburn. Refreshments are served after all the services.
Tuesday 24th May
10.15am (Pittington) – Ms Soo Illingworth will lead this service.
Thursday 26th May
11.30am (Bowburn) – Mr Brian Gameson leads this service.
Sunday 29th May
10.30am (Carrville) – Deacon Jane Middleton will lead our service.
Tuesday 31st May
9.30am (Carrville) – Ms Eunice Glendenning will lead our informal service.
10.15am (Pittington) – Rev Janet Jackson leads our service.
Thursday 2nd June
11.30am (Bowburn) – Deacon Jane Middleton will lead our service.
Saturday 4th June
Prayer breakfast will not take place today due to preparations for the Jubilee tea – put the date in your diary for 2nd July instead!
2.00-4.0opm – Jubilee afternoon tea with musical entertainment from Belmont Ladies Choir and a quiz. This event is now fully booked and donations will be taken on day in aid of Mercy Ships.
Sunday 5th June
10.30am (Carrville) – Rev. Paul Beetham leads today’s communion service.
Tuesday 7th June
9.30am (Carrville) – Rev. Paul Beetham will lead our informal service.
10.15am (Pittington) – Mrs Wadge leads this service.
Thursday 9th June
11.30am (Bowburn) – Rev. Paul Beetham will lead this service.
Sunday 12th June
10.30am (Carrville) – Rev. Richard Andrew leads today’s service.
Tuesday 14th June
9.30am (Carrville) – Rev. Caroline Dick will lead our weekly informal service.
10.15am (Pittington) – Mr Sean Conroy leads this service.
Thursday 16th June
11.30am (Bowburn) – Mr Bill Offler will lead this service.
Sunday 19th June
10.30am (Carrville) – This will be a joint ‘Songs of Praise’ style service with St Mary Magdalene church and will take place at St Marys.
Tuesday 21st June
9.30am (Carrville) – Mrs Anne Offler leads this week’s informal service.
10.15am (Pittington) – Ms Soo Illingworth leads this service.
Thursday 23rd June
11.30am (Bowburn) – Rev. John Squares will lead this communion service.
Sunday 26th June
10.30am (Carrville) – Professor Mark Wilson will lead our service.
Tuesday 28th June
9.30am (Carrville) – Rev. Di Johnson will lead our informal service.
10.15am (Pittington) – Rev. John Squares leads this service.
Thursday 30th June
11.30am (Bowburn) – Rev. Colin Jackson will lead this service.
Saturday 2nd July
9.00-10.00am (Carrville) – Please join us for our monthly prayer breakfast.
10.00-12.00 (Carrville) – Our Summer Fayre will include cakes, tombola, refreshments and raffle. Come along and join us!
Other regular activities at Carrville
- Church Buddies is for younger children and meets once a month with CREW on a Sunday morning at Carrville (re-starting soon).
- 8.00pm – Faith & Friendship meets fortnightly in person on Monday evenings for discussion and fellowship. Contact Suzie for meeting dates and venue.
- 5.30pm – Brownies at Carrville.
- 10.00am – Weekly prayer meeting – Join us for half an hour for the Durham City East Methodists’ online prayer meeting on Zoom. Contact Linda if you’d like the link to join us. Feel free to come along with your morning cuppa! (Suspended until 1st June)
- 10.30-12.30 – Craft Group – Join this group which is meeting weekly at Pittington St John’s church. There is a £3 subs charge each week to cover the cost of supplies and refreshments – no need to bring your own kit!
- 2.15pm – Monthly Bible Study – On the first Wednesday of each month we are meeting at Carrville for our monthly bible study. As we read, pray and talk together, hopefully the familiar and not so familiar stories will come alive in new and unexpected ways. Feel free to bring along your own refreshments!
- 5.30pm – Brownies at Bowburn.
- 9.00am – Drop-in at Bowburn including playgroup.
- 10.00-11.30am (term time only) – Pram Club re-started on 5th May with limited places for the moment. Please contact Joanne (07979 764009) to book a place.
- 5.30pm – Rainbows at Bowburn.
- 6.00pm – Rainbows at Carrville.
- 9.00-9.45am – Join us in the church hall for our monthly prayer breakfast on the first Saturday in the month.
- 10.00-11.30am – Monthly coffee morning on the first Saturday in the month.
- CREW for 11+ usually meet on the 1st Saturday of the month 7.00-9.00pm in The Loft at church for fun, games, pizza and discussion on a bible study or topic affecting young Christians.
There are lots of opportunities for you to meet with us and other Christians in an online forum. Please head over to our online support page to find out more. You can also explore our activities page.
This is where you would usually find out details of forthcoming events at our church. Due to the Coronavirus some of our activities are suspended until further notice. Go to our What’s On page to find out what opportunities are being provided for you to meet with us online.
Prayer and worship
We encourage you to continue in worship and prayer in different ways, whether that be individually in your own homes or via online routes. We have a wide selection of resources for prayer and worship whilst the physical building is closed, explore those you wish to get involved in. You may find one you want to use every week, or you may wish to join different services and communities each week.