What’s on now!
Explore this page to see the services and other activities we have taking place.
You no longer need to book a place to join us for worship.
This document outlines arrangements in place at Carrville including advice for those who wish to continue wearing face masks and sitting socially distanced. If you have had Covid, we encourage you to be free from symptoms and have taken a negative lateral flow test before returning to church.
Services and Events
Here are details of services taking place with Durham City East Methodists at our churches in Carrville, Pittington and Bowburn. Refreshments are served after all the services.
Sunday 26th June
10.30am (Carrville) – Professor Mark Wilson will lead our service.
Tuesday 28th June
9.30am (Carrville) – Rev. Di Johnson will lead our informal service.
10.15am (Pittington) – Rev. John Squares leads this service.
Thursday 30th June
11.30am (Bowburn) – Rev. Colin Jackson will lead this service.
Saturday 2nd July
10.00-12.00 (Carrville) – Our Summer Fayre will include cakes, tombola, refreshments and raffle. Come along and join us!
Sunday 3rd July
10.30am (Carrville) – Rev. John Squares leads our communion service.
Tuesday 5th July
9.30am (Carrville) – Mr Fraser Logue will lead our informal service.
10.15am (Pittington) – Rev. Colin Jackson leads this service.
Thursday 7th July
11.30am (Bowburn) – Ms Soo Illingworth will lead this service.
Saturday 9th July
9.00-10.00am (Carrville) – This month our monthly prayer breakfast is taking place on the second Saturday of the month rather than the first Saturday.
Sunday 10th July
10.30am (Carrville) – Deacon Jane Middleton leads our service.
Tuesday 12th July
9.30am (Carrville) – Anne Dunlop leads this week’s informal service.
10.15am (Pittington) – Rev. John Squares leads this communion service.
Bible Month 2022 – Four evenings with Isaiah
West Church in the local Methodist Circuit invite you to join them on Tuesday 7.00-8.15pm on the following dates to explore Isaiah through the themes of Tough Love, Light of the World, Faithful Servant, and A New World
12th July – Meet at Bearpark Methodist Church, DH7 7AQ
19th July, 26th July and 2nd August – Meet at St Andrew’s church, Brandon, DH7 8QG
Thursday 14th July
11.30am (Bowburn) – Mr Bill Offler will lead this service.
Sunday 17th July
10.30am (Carrville) – Rev. Paul Beetham leads our communion service.
Tuesday 19th July
9.30am (Carrville) – This week’s informal service will be led by members of the congregation.
10.15am (Pittington) – Pauline Caswell leads this service.
Thursday 21st July
11.30am (Bowburn) – Mr Sean Conroy will lead this service.
Sunday 24th July
10.30am (Carrville) – Rev. Richard Andrew will lead this service.
Tuesday 26th July
10.15am (Pittington) – Rev. Janet Jackson leads this service.
Thursday 28th June
11.30am (Bowburn) – Rev. John Squares will lead this communion service.
Sunday 30th July
10.30am (Carrville) – Mr Brian Gameson leads our communion service.
Other regular activities at Carrville
- Church Buddies is for younger children and meets once a month with CREW on a Sunday morning at Carrville (re-starting soon).
- 8.00pm – Faith & Friendship meets fortnightly in person on Monday evenings for discussion and fellowship. Contact Suzie for meeting dates and venue.
- 5.30pm – Brownies at Carrville.
- 10.00am – Weekly prayer meeting – Join us for half an hour for the Durham City East Methodists’ online prayer meeting on Zoom. Contact Linda if you’d like the link to join us. Feel free to come along with your morning cuppa!
- 10.30-12.30 – Craft Group – Join this group which is meeting weekly at Pittington St John’s church. There is a £3 subs charge each week to cover the cost of supplies and refreshments – no need to bring your own kit!
- 2.15pm – Monthly Bible Study – On the first Wednesday of each month we are meeting at Carrville for our monthly bible study. As we read, pray and talk together, hopefully the familiar and not so familiar stories will come alive in new and unexpected ways. Feel free to bring along your own refreshments!
- 5.30pm – Brownies at Bowburn.
- 9.00am – Drop-in at Bowburn including playgroup.
- 10.00-11.30am (term time only) – Pram Club has re-started with limited places for the moment. Please contact Joanne (07979 764009) to book a place.
- 5.30pm – Rainbows at Bowburn.
- 6.00pm – Rainbows at Carrville.
- 9.00-9.45am – Join us in the church hall for our monthly prayer breakfast on the first Saturday in the month.
- 10.00-11.30am – Monthly coffee morning on the first Saturday in the month.
- CREW for 11+ usually meet on the 1st Saturday of the month 7.00-9.00pm in The Loft at church for fun, games, pizza and discussion on a bible study or topic affecting young Christians.
There are lots of opportunities for you to meet with us and other Christians in an online forum. Please head over to our online support page to find out more. You can also explore our activities page.
This is where you would usually find out details of forthcoming events at our church. Due to the Coronavirus some of our activities are suspended until further notice. Go to our What’s On page to find out what opportunities are being provided for you to meet with us online.
Prayer and worship
We encourage you to continue in worship and prayer in different ways, whether that be individually in your own homes or via online routes. We have a wide selection of resources for prayer and worship whilst the physical building is closed, explore those you wish to get involved in. You may find one you want to use every week, or you may wish to join different services and communities each week.